The best way to visit the parks is travel light. Whenever I go to the parks I usually either bring a small clutch with my debit card, cell phone, pins and sunglasses inside or a small purse to carry the following in addition to an autograph book. This saves me time having to go though bag check. This also saves me energy as I do not have to lug around a heavy backpack all day long. And it saves the frustration of trying to jam all of my stuff into the tiny compartments on the rides.
Here is a list of things you may want to bring with you to the parks:
- Cell phone
- Camera (can be skipped if you use your phone or photo pass photographers)
- Small fan (not needed, but can be a good idea for kids)
- Water bottle (Not needed as you can get free cups of water throughout the parks)
- Umbrella/poncho (check the weather first)
- Autograph book/ pen (if meeting characters)
- Trading Pins (if a pin trader)
- Snacks (if you plan to bring some for kids)
If you plan on bringing more, I suggest renting a locker. These are great, especially when park hopping. Lockers are $12 for a small and $14 for a large. Part of that is a $5 deposit that you will get back at the end of the day! You are allowed to go back to your locker as many times as you'd like. Kids bought a plush Mickey that they don't want to carry around all day? Head back to the locker after your shopping spree. Phone battery getting low? You can go to your locker to retrieve the charger.
What do you think? Any suggestions to the list? What's something you always bring with you to the parks?